1. Health

Keath Low

ADHD Scholarships

By March 9, 2009

When you are searching for ADHD scholarships for college be sure to widen your search to include scholarships available for learning disabilities.The Financial Aid office at the colleges you are considering is often the best resource for scholarship information.

Click on ADHD Scholarships for a listing of scholarships available to students with ADHD.

Comments
March 13, 2009 at 1:50 pm
(1) Laura Pope says:

I applied for one of these. They’re were a great way to save money when I went to Oglethorpe (a local private school) last year. Great article! –Laura

March 13, 2009 at 6:49 pm
(2) Keath says:

Hey thanks for sharing Laura…and congratulations! :)

September 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm
(3) jacob donovan davis says:

hey im a senior in high school and i was diagnosed with adhd in 3rd grade, i am very smart but i dont have the best of grades..becuase my school never gave me a iep (individual education plan) and it made school so hard for me cause my teachers never believe im adhd and they hold me up to the same standards and its so hard but i do take ap (advanced placement) classes and i try to challenge my self i have like a 2.3 gpa and i think i will have around a 2.6 by the end of the year if i keep my straight a’s up..i want to go to college for a 4 year degree in criminal justice but i dont have the money and i dont want to have tons and tons of student loans i wanna minimize them as much as possible do you think thier is a scholorship for i would be elgible for?..thank you :)

September 21, 2009 at 12:17 am
(4) Keath Low says:

Jacob,
You might want to just contact each of the organizations listed in the article to see what you might qualify for. Also, contact the Financial Aid office at the colleges you are considering. They are usually a great resource for scholarship info. Good luck!

November 4, 2009 at 3:13 pm
(5) Gyrell says:

i am currently a Senior in high school and suffer from ADHD and to know that there is help for college is a great relief.

December 1, 2009 at 12:48 am
(6) Awesome Sauce says:

Yeah… senior in high school.
Diagnosed 4th grade or so.
Pretty much the same boat as jacob there.
I’ve had some rough patches with my grades. Overall, they’re very average. I have high test scores, so I can get into good schools. just don’t know how to pay for them.

Want to be an Engineer.

Finding out about these made my day.
Thanks.

January 15, 2010 at 1:06 pm
(7) Laiken Sheppard says:

I’m a sophomore in high school ad was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 5 years old. I do sometimes have a difficulty concentrating and focusing during school and I also play softball for my high school.My grades are fantastic because I push myself and have others pushing me and helping me along the way. I have never had below a 3.58 GPA. I also have bipolar and ODD, but I never use those as an excuse. But I will surely need help paying for college and any money is great!

Laiken

March 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm
(8) ursula says:

Hey guys I have a Kid in your situation, Senior year. Diagnosed at age 5 . He had a hard time at school with grades nothing else. But as you he is very intelligent and always on the run. He has a GPA of around 2.8.
We were very worried about his applications but he maid it in and because of his very creative portfolio in architecture he even Got a partial scholarship. Look at the colleges and http://www.peterson‘s.com they will help you look for scholarships. The world would not be complete with out you. Kep -up

April 4, 2010 at 11:47 am
(9) Ryan Fisher says:

wow all of you guys have real inspiring stories! My story is well I graduated from high school in 2005 and I graduated from heritage institute in 2009 in exercise science. I am diagnosed with ADHD and I don’t let it get to me. Just keep on striving for a better life. I just recently got my NASM sports med cert, which took me a while to get but I never gave up! I really want to get my bachelors at THE Ohio State university in there sports med department so I need some help with some money!

May 27, 2010 at 3:32 am
(10) erica says:

I’m so glad to hear about these encouraging stories. I was diagnosed last semester and it was devestating to me. Because I wish someone would have caught it sooner. I’m 26 years old and a senior in college. I was struggling with my senior classes and couldn’t understand why I had to repeat a class. Now, I’m on medication and trying to get this anxiety and adhd under control. Hopefully, I can pull myself together and finish college strong.

November 7, 2010 at 4:22 pm
(11) Rosalee says:

Hey I’ve been trying to find a scholarship for people with ADD. I was diagnosed with ADD in second grade and I haven’t been getting all that great grades mostly Cs and some Bs. But I want to go to a foreign university in Spain and study History so that I can become an Archeologist. So I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere where I an enter to get a scholarship for any of these things. I Really want to become successful despite my ADD and make my parents proud of me for something other than my art skills.

December 27, 2010 at 10:05 am
(12) ajayah says:

Well Jacob am just like you i have adhd and am a senior n i have a iep. I know how u feel its hard but noone knows i have adhd i just act regular you know. Just tell your teacher that you can do the work you know we aint dumb because we have this disability.

April 20, 2011 at 3:30 pm
(13) RKelley says:

I am sooooo proud of all of yall. I have a ten year old who is so ready to go to college. Like all of you he is very smart and intelligent but he’s has limitations. He plays four sports and is progressing more and more every year. I feel that as a single parent I must start now to look for financial solutions to prepare us for that day. You guys give me hope and good luck to all!