By Keath Low, About.com Guide
Treatment of ADHD
Comprehensive treatment of ADHD often involves a combination of therapies.
- Treatment of ADHD
- Who Provides Treatment?
- Find Local Treatment Providers
- Behavioral Interventions
- Organizational Strategies
- Parent Education and Training
- 21 Helpful Rules Regarding Medication
- Talking to My Child About ADHD Medication
- ADHD Medication: Stimulants
- How Do Stimulants Work?
- ADHD Medication: Non-Stimulants
- Starting ADHD Medication
- What is Titration?
- Side Effects and Safety Issues
- Reducing Medication Side Effects
- ECG Monitoring for ADHD Children
- ADHD Medication Breaks
- Treating Parents with ADHD
- Counseling for the ADHD Individual
- For Spouses - Partners in Treatment
Complementary and Alternative Treatments
Learn about various complementary and alternative non-drug treatments for ADHD.
- ADHD and Exercise
- Outdoor Play Improves Focus
- Helping Children With ADHD Succeed
- Channeling That Energy
- Good Nutrition
- Improving Diet
- ADHD and Sleep
- The Power of Positive Attention
- Build Self Esteem in Your Child
- Work Accommodations
- ADHD Coaching for Adults
- ADHD Coaching For Students
- Improving Working Memory
- Peer Coaching
- Fish Oil
- St. John’s Wort
Other Issues Involving Treatment
Understanding additional important treatment issues.
- Monitoring Treatment Progress
- Communicating with the Doctor
- Reduce Oppositional Behaviors
- Teens Resisting ADHD Medication